Netres availability

rr rrauscher at nni.com
Mon Aug 20 18:15:15 GMT 2001

Dan,

In the '747 harness near the distributor there is a single
wire connector. The wire is tan w/black stripe. This
connector needs to be open to set the base timing. It opens
the bypass signal from the ECM and disables ECM control of
the timing.

You'll need to do this before any other timing issues. If
the base isn't set right, then nothing else SA wise will
be right.

For the ESC module use any one you can find. Just plug
one in. In place of the knock sensor try a 3.9K resistor.
(This is if you are not using a knock sensor). The resistor
goes from the ESC module to ground.

Once you can get the base timing set things should get
better.

BobR.