Netres availability

Dan Griffin slowfatslug at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 20 11:33:14 GMT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: rr <RRauscher at nni.com>
To: <gmecm at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2001 10:53 AM
Subject: Re: Netres availability

> With the '747 in place and the ignition bypass open, does the
> timing mark line up properly ( 0 to 6 deg, whatever your base
> is set to)?....  No...its suppose to be about 6...its nowhere in sight, Id
say there are major diffrences in distributors, on mine, you connect a - b
in the aldl to set timing.. V8 has a timing connector??

 Also, did you change the bin setting it as a 4-cylinder?
Whoops, I knew I forgot something,....Ok its changed, now truck runs worse,
herky jerky bad and backfiring again....wierd...

> I'd also try to get everything hooked up as factory designed. Little
> things can make a big difference. Even with the knock tables zero'd
> out there are still other effects of not having an ESC module.
I was afraid of that, I doubt an esc would work since theres so much other
eng. noise..
Is'nt there a way to disable the esc to make the '747 happy using a resistor
or something?  seemed like I remember something in the archives about that
but couldnt find it....

> BobR.

What is your base timing value in the 7747 .bin?  What is the base timing of
the
distributor?  Are you using an adjustable type timing light or a fixed type
timing light?

Shannen

0 in the bin...6 with '165 plugged in....fixed type....

RR , you hit the BINgo. No ESC module. Plugging in a 4cyl ESC
    and as indicated set for 4 cyl in bin could help immeasurably.
    To add to the fray ,** if 4 cyl  has noise problems or a few exh
leaks,**
    and fixed timing vs map,tps.rpm , It's easy to envision the "herky
    jerky" movements. Zeroing the Ks tables is bandaging more serious
    Run time tuning problems present , IMHO.
    Len

Yeah, it does all that, but after 181,000 mi. I cant complain...I didnt know
there was a esc for the 4cyl?? At any rate its probably a diffrent type than
the v8 and incompatible with '747...
Dan