Netres availability

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Wed Aug 22 01:22:20 GMT 2001

Scot Sealander wrote:

> rr wrote:
>
> > (I've been debating on whether to jump in here). One thing
> > to remember is that on a V8 with a 2bbl TBI, it really is
> > two separate 4 cylinder engines. The manifold GM uses is a
> > dual plane with a divided plenum. One injector per 4 cyls.
>
> Could you clear this up for me?  I don't understand what you are trying
> to say.
>
> Scot Sealander

It was mentioned that the problem with a '747 and a 4cyl engine
with 1 injector: was that the one injector wasn't firing often enough.
That the one injector was firing every other plug firing. This was the
cause of the backfiring and herky-jerky motion.

When looking at the common TBI V8, the injector firing intervals
per spark plug firing is the same. Each injector fires every other
spark plug firing. The V8 then divides the two injectors between two
banks of 4 cylinders. Same as 1 injector on a 4 cylinder engine.

This is by the design of the intake manifold. The manifold is split
with each half feeding 4 cylinders. Each half is feed by 1 injector.

No difference in the fuel feed per injector between the 4 cylinder
and 8 cylinder engine.

BobR.