why humid is better!

Greg Hermann bearbvd at cmn.net
Wed Aug 22 13:49:33 GMT 2001

At 12:29 AM 8/22/00, Bruce wrote:
>Are you saying that in no point during the combustion reaction, that the O2
>can not be broken free from the H?.
>If so, I have seen equations that show that during the early part of the
>reaction, that it does, absorbing some heat, and then later in the cycle
>releasing heat.
>Bruce

The water is absolutely _VERY_ active during the burn process--both as you
describe and by tying up free radicals. All of which speeds up the burn AND
also acts to inhibit detonation.

But--on a macro basis--all of the O2 that came in as part of H2O leaves the
same way. (Although mebbe not the SAME atoms!) . Meaning that the water,
net effect, does not provide any of the O2 used to oxidize the fuel.

Greg