why humid is better!

Roger Heflin rahmrh at cableone.net
Wed Aug 22 17:36:48 GMT 2001

Bruce wrote:

> How about the fact that early in the cycle it's *lessening* the compression
> as it absorbs heat to *crack* apart, and then increases the heat generated
> after ignition when it's most beneficial.
> It's chemical reaction does have mechanical side effects.
> If it doesn't work then why does it work?.
> Bruce

It won't lessen the compression, while it takes heat to break up the H2O,
one mole of H2O takes up 22.7 Liters of volume, and one mole of the same
H20 broken into H2 and O takes up 45.4 liters of volume, and I would bet
that the amount the head reduces the compression the increased volume
increases it back to about where it was or worse.   And I doubt that you
can get H2O to split before ignition, there is not enough energy to
actually split any significant amount.   After ignition all bets are off
and lots of bonds will be rearranged.

And What do you mean if it doesn't work they why does it work?   There
is no proof that it is in any way shape or form working, this is humidity
(water vapor) not liquid water injection, and cars do get slower given the
same temperature and higher humidity (water vapor).

				Roger