why humid is better!

Roger Heflin rahmrh at cableone.net
Wed Aug 22 23:33:31 GMT 2001

Greg Hermann wrote:

> >one mole of H2O takes up 22.7 Liters of volume, and one mole of the same
> >H20 broken into H2 and O takes up 45.4 liters of volume,
> >
> >                               Roger
>
> At what temp and pressure?????
>
> These numbers look rather bogus!
>
> A gram molecular weight (mole) of H2O weighs about 18 frams, and should
> therefore occupy about 18 ML --NOT-- 22.7 liters--- of volume at any where
> CLOSE to standard conditions!
>
> Let's try to get our facts straight before we type!!
>
> Greg

I mean as a vapor in the motor.  If you have water vapor and you somehow
split it into separate H2 and O2 (both gases) they will want to occupy
more space, this is assuming both are gas states (water vapor and water
split into its components).   The discussion was about what the water
vapor in the air does when it gets into the motor, it is already vapor when
we start.

				Roger