How different is this?

Adam Chant adam at mysaturn.com
Thu Aug 23 00:45:26 GMT 2001

See my post Subject:"ALDL-OBD route".
After visually searching the Archives I have discovered that I'm only getting
a segment of the messages, is anyone else experiencing this too? I think so.

I started taking an easier route to obtaining the Bin files since removing the
PCM from my car every other day is a major undertaking.

Here's some of the info I know at this point.
It's a 27C256 #16146451

Some of the 1994 LT1 Mode requests work.
Mode $00:
Mode $01: Returns a string of data with 67 Hex values.
Mode $02: CheckSum error when I try
Mode $03: Didn't try
Mode $04: Sent a Clear BLM command seemed to work **
Mode $08: Obviously works
Mode $09: Obviously works
Mode $0A: Sent Command, but never had a DTC so I don't know.

**(blew my #2 Cylinder rings soon after. Probably not related I do have 180K
on the engine.)I just want to point out that the Rings of Saturn are delicate.
I'll probably just rebuild it this weekend and get it ready for the supercharger.

The log file I created trying to dump the bin is at http://www.scdyne.com/tech/OBDPCM/details/sc2.txt

I tried to get PCMcomm to dump the Bin, but it just kept getting a checksum
error also.

I just don't see the point in purchasing any software for any price with the
intent of viewing the PCM data when I can't even get basic data translated.
As it stands now EASE is the only company that offers anything for OBDI Saturns,
but I doubt they are going to hand out information on the data stream.

I'll just keep plugging away.
-Adam