Question on Monitoring O2 Voltage...

Peter Gargano peter at techedge.com.au
Fri Aug 24 02:58:11 GMT 2001

Bob Wooten wrote:

> ... but even with the volume that we buy
> them in they are still US$65 each.  ...

people may be interested in this Australian kit from Jaycar.

Product Name:        DIGITAL FUEL MIXTURE DISPLAY KIT

Catalogue Number:    KC5300

Price:               AU$62.95  (less than US$35) + freight

  http://www.jaycar.com.au/home.htm

This uses a PIC flash programmable chip and 3 digit LED display. It
expects to be connected to a Bosch WB sensor (I think) but could be
re-scaled for the DIY-WB output. I'm thinking of using one, but I'd be
reprogramming it, which isn't a big deal.

Complaints direct to JAYCAR
---------------------------

Just a note about Jaycar's site - they used to have a simpler and
slightly less flashy site - some (young gun?) programmers have snazzed
it up and made it far less useful - I would have included a direct link
to KC-5300 if I cold have done that (you could once) but someone
decided to slow down the site with excessive graphics and a poor
understand of CSS/HTML/CGI, and with no idea of GUI usability issues.

So, Jaycar - fix you're site - as this will be the last time you get a
free advert from me if I can't supply a direct link to a particular
product. Employ a programmer who knows what they're doing.

Peter