off topic, h*lp

toddburkard at pcmc.com toddburkard at pcmc.com
Mon Aug 27 12:06:36 GMT 2001

I had the Dealer do the TEC when my 2000 had a knock and it cured it. If
the dealer told you it is normal I think he is on Crack or something
because it didn't knock when you bought it. You can go to GM directly to
resolve the problem if it is still under warranty.

I work with a guy who has a 99 that has developed a knock on startup and
the dealer told him many times it was nothing now they tell him GM knows
about it but isn't doing anything yet.

Things I have heard it is, is Piston slap, bad batch of lifters, Pistons
installed backwards (IE marks to back instead of front), and a bad batch of
oil pumps.

If they would have just put the 5.7 out of the Vette in these things we
wouldn't have this problem.

Just my $.02

Todd