Turbo V8

brettd at texan.net brettd at texan.net
Mon Aug 27 14:30:17 GMT 2001

my big question is where can i get/make an exhaust manifold
for the turbo's?? I can fab the cooling and oil lines.  As
well as run the intake piping and exhauset but i still am
trying to figure out the exhaust manifold?

Brett
86 Trans

> I too plan on doing this to my 86 Trans Am within the
next 2 years.
> I am going to try and model mine after the 1991 Twin
Turbo L98 Trans Am
> that Pontiac built for test purposes
> a few years back.
> Let me know what you find out and I'll do likewise.
> There is a guy about 20 minutes away from me that is also
building a twin
> turbo 87 Trans Am.
> I was at his house one day looking at a hatch he had for
sale and showed me
> the two turbos and
> one of the turbo manifolds he is going to use.  He was in
the process of
> locating another turbo manifold
> so that he could start his project.  I am going to look
up his number and
> give him a call and see how it looks.
>

> At 01:08 PM 8/26/2001 -0600, you wrote:
> >I'm planning to do a turbo v8 trans am with fuel
injection. Does any one
> >have a recommendation on an ecm for this project?
(Possibly a car that