Turbo V8

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Wed Aug 29 16:36:46 GMT 2001

<<
>  Agreed. Twin is way to much. But much more easier than plumbing one turbo
> on a V8 in my opinion. I plan on running very very small Turbos. Like off a
> 1.8L  4 cyl. or smaller stock vehicle. This is more of a curiosity
> experonment then a race car. I want super fast spooling as i plan to make
> this a torque monster and plan on no more then 6000rpm rev limit, to
> optimize
> the characteristics of the L98's TPI power band. I wish to achieve around
> 500hp ATRW for nothing more then just enuff rump to smoke C5's and run in
> the
> 11 sec or so mark.

Plan on going a little larger.
With twin 1.8 turbos, plan on running out of steam around 4000 RPM on a 5.7.
However, you'll have major torque & boost by approx 2,000 rpm.
Use a 2.2 mopar or 2.6 mitsu unit.  There is always the Toyota CT26 that
was a little loose for the 2.2 (2.0?)MR2, and a little tight for the 3.0
Supra..
Good all-around unit though.
Mike V