LT1 obd2 disassembly

Daa Wagon daawagon at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 30 01:51:05 GMT 2001

Years ago in the archives, there was a guy named T.H. working on disassembling his obd2 LT1 PCM.  He has gone on to play with other toys, but he has been kind enough to make it available.  It's pretty impressive, if that was me, I'd have gone thru a whole case of foil lined CSH's by the time (if ever) I got that far ....

Note that there are sections from $2000 up to $ffff and a second $8000 to $ffff which has to do with the bank switching to use a 128k eeprom.  It's not obvious to me with just a quick look how it works, but I suppose I should reread Motorola's how to on that:  AN432 - 128k byte addressing w/ HC11.  I believe that this is the 't' side disassembly.

Some of this may be common to the obd1 LT1, I learned a few things I didn't know already, just looking at it for a little while.

It's on incoming.

ftp://ftp.diy-efi.org/incoming/LT1_obd2_tside_dis.zip