700r4 Trans

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Jan 4 18:22:33 GMT 2001

Since the later vettes came with a 700, I'd imagine there are alot of bits
to make this a bolt in.
One thing I'd recommend doing is thinking about a 200R4.  The 700 has a real
short first gear (3.06), and the 200 is more in the 2.7 range, so it's more
of a close ratio tranny.   If you use a GN, or late Monte, you'll get the
right valve body for a HiPo tranny.  I've had both, and the 200 is the
better in my opinion.  Again, not talking racing.  Just civilized spirited
driving <g>..
Bruce