Need recommendations on tools.

Daniel E. Griffin slowfatslug at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 5 14:02:34 GMT 2001

>From: Ludis Langens <ludis at cruzers.com>
>To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
>Subject: Re: Need recommendations on tools.
>Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 23:17:38 -0800
>
>Scott Peitzsch wrote:
> >
> > I've got the basics covered (air
> > ratchet, impact gun, blow gun, tire inflation gauge) but am still
> > looking for a good straight and angle grinder for head/intake porting
> > and other deburring tasks.
>
>I've got a cheap ($20 ??) Campbell Hausfeld die grinder that I bought at
>Home Depot.  It's worked great for porting/polishing/deburring.  I've
>worn out several carbide burrs with it.  It works fine on low air
>pressure.  I've sometimes set the air compressor pressure output real
>low to get good control of the grinder speed.  I've had only one problem
>with it - sometimes it ices up and stops.  It also gets cold after some
>heavy duty grinding.

Yeah, thats what mine did, youll have to install a moisture seprator on your
compressor.. use iron plumbing so as much moisture can condense on it as
possible.. you might try moving compressor into a heated shop if
possible...Put a radiator drain on the bottom of your compressor and blow it
out daily, this will solve 70% of the problem..hth..dan