Dose of reality.

Kevin R KEReyn at gte.net
Sat Jan 6 06:06:24 GMT 2001

OK, the no real EFI content other than I'm in my late 30's and a lot of you
are there or older and we all work on our EFI's.
Anyway, this dose of reality came across my e-mail and I just had to share
it with all of you.

Kevin R

 THIS YEARS FRESHMAN
 Just in case you weren't feeling too old today, this
 will certainly change things.
 Each year the staff at Beloit College in Wisconsin put
 together a list to try to give the faculty a sense of
 the mindset of this year's incoming freshmen.

 Here is this year's list:

 *The people who are starting college this fall across
 the nation were born in 1982.

 *They have no meaningful recollection of the Reagan
 Era and probably did not know he had ever been shot.

 *They were prepubescent when the Persian Gulf War was
 waged.

 *They were 11 when the Soviet Union broke apart and do
 not remember the Cold War.

 *They have never feared a nuclear war.

 *They are too young to remember the space shuttle
 blowing up.

 *Their lifetime has always included AIDS.

 *Bottle caps have always been screw off and plastic.

 *Atari predates them, as do vinyl albums. The
 statement you sound like a broken record means nothing
 to them.

 *They have never owned a record player.

 *They have likely never played Pac Man and have never
 heard of Ping-Pong.

 *They may have never heard of an 8 track. The Compact
 Disc was introduced when they were 1 year old.

 *They have always had an answering machine.

 *They have never seen a rotary-dial telephone.

 *Most have never seen a TV set with only 13 channels,
 nor have they seen a black-and-white TV.

 *They have always had cable.

 *There has always been VCRs, but hey have no idea what
 BETA is.

 *They cannot fathom not having a remote control.

 *They were born the year that Walkmen were introduced
 by Sony.

 *Roller-skating has always meant inline for them.

 *Jay Leno has always been on the Tonight Show.

 *They have no idea when or why Jordache jeans were
 cool.

 *Popcorn has always been cooked in the microwave.

 *They have never seen Larry Bird play.

 *They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.

 *They can't imagine what hard contact lenses are.

 *They don't know who Mork was or where he was from.

 *They never heard: " Where's the beef?"," I'd walked a
 mile for a Camel", or "de plane, de plane".

 *They do not care who shot J.R. and have no idea who
 J.R. is.

 *Michael Jackson has always been white.

 *Kansas, Chicago, Boston, America, and Alabama are
 places, not groups.

 *McDonalds never came in Styrofoam containers.

 *They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter.

 Do you feel old yet? pass this on to the other old
 fogies in your life.