Ecm role expanding? (DBW)

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Sun Jan 7 08:10:16 GMT 2001

I thought as much wnen you mentioned neutral. I think nowadays some ABS
systems de-activate below a certain speed too (oops, almost ECM content) .
Myself, I have not been in a loss of control situation in the snow.. I'm
used to driving a RWD buick and Z28 on 2 inches of ice.. you just gotta
watch what others are doing mostly, and keep newton's laws in front of you
on a piece of paper taped to the windshield ;-)

heh heh... a 2200 stall convertor doesn't push the car much at 750 rpm

On topic... Doesn't the Vette use Drive-by-Wire? I mean the actual throttle
control? How is this received in the performance buyer community? I think I
read about drive-by-wire involving the deletion of the throttle cable - is
this true?  the ECM performs the function? maybe I dreamed it and didnt read
it. anyone?

> LOL :)
>
> Old snow driving trick, put the trans in neutral going down
> hills.

<snip>