removing prom from memcal

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 10 06:59:19 GMT 2001

I  wanted to install a socket & am good for overheating things so i took a
small pair of dikes & snipped the old prom out (i had downloaded the bin
prior).  now i grabbed the pins one @ a time & touched the end of it with
the same small iron as Shannen recommended.  as soon as you hit it with a
little heat out it pops.  to install a socket i took & bent the legs 90 Deg
out & dropped it into the hole that i just created.  again, hit it with a
little heat & a dab of solder & done.  The bummer here is that now it is
just a touch too tall to put the top back on the memcal.  this is nothing
that some racer tape wont fix though. not like anyone is going to see it
under the cover on the ecm anyway.

Gentle men (& women), save the torch for another job.

BW

majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org

majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org

--- Bob Wooten