Holley 4.3 Manifolds

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Jan 10 23:32:19 GMT 2001

On a wet system there is,
such thing as too much cfm.
fuel will easily fall out of suspenion with too low of velocity,  then you
have to run alot of manifold heat to get the engine to run on vaporized fuel
rather then atomized.

There is a whole word of difference from dry to wet, IMO.

I beleive it was GM High Tech Performance did a Buick turbo upgrade where
they went to a 72 from  stock and it slowed down.   Was a surpirse to
everyone specially on a turbo motor.
There is an optimim velocity for cylinder filling (no surprise, <g>).   As
an example, the 7 butterfly Buick Indy engines.

Now on a diesel, I'd agree 100% with the not too large of TB idea.
Bruce

> One thing to remember about efi, is that there is no such thing as
> too much cfm. With no signal to boosters required, heck you
> could use a flush tank for a throttle body & plenum. Or even
> a bell housing as someone was recently trying.
>
> BobR.
>
> Rich Vandervoort wrote:
>
> > Yesterday I noticed that Holley now offers a TBI intake manifold for the
GM