1 bbl TBIs for a GM 6 cylinder

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Thu Jan 11 01:02:43 GMT 2001

Sorry, should have been clearer. I meant inline 6 engines. My thoughts are
that a 4 cyl TBI ECM fires the single injector every ignition pulse rather
than every other pulse. This would give two injector firings every rev.
However, with one injector having to supply 6 cylinders, you then have 3
firings every rev. It may be that a TBI injector cannot fire fast enough to
do 3 complete open/close cycles per rev. Even with a V8, an injector only
fires twice per rev. My client wants to use a 1 bbl on his Mustang due to
hood clearance. He feels that a 2 bbl TBI to 1 bbl adapter would cause the
TBI to hit the hood. To me, it sounds like an adapter is required either way,
but its his car. I also think a bigger problem is a lack of a Tunercat tdf
file for a 4 cylinder 1 bbl ECM. JW