2000 5.3L Vortec ECM

FJ40 fj40 at cascadecruisers.com
Thu Jan 11 02:30:41 GMT 2001

Does anybody out there have any experience with the computer and wiring for
a 2000 5.3L Vortec and 4L60E.  I am putting them in an '88 landcruiser.  My
problem is that the wrecking yard didn't give me the Body Control Module and
when I went back to get it they couldn't find it.  They bought me a new one
but it has to be programmed by GM.

The BCM is part of the anti-theft system that I actually was thinking about
retaining.  I guess now I need to figure out how to bypass the anti-theft
and I also need to be able to adjust the program for tire size and
differential gear changes.

I'm new to the EFI game so I'm not exactly sure how to proceed.  I do have
the 4 big service manuals for the suburban that it came out of.  I have the
computer sitting here on my desk.  The service no. is 09354896  DBLK.  The
Hardware no. is 09380120  DBLK.  The numbers 16204842 B and 0038 E1 are
stamped on the inside of the Aluminum cover.

Thanks for any help,
Michael