Barry Grant Fuel Injection?

David & Cheryl Haggard dave at newcovenant.com
Thu Jan 11 13:10:36 GMT 2001

   What BG says on that page is exactly true, the longer the fuel
droplets have to travel before reaching the combustion chamber, and
the faster they travel getting there, the better the atomization.
Also, reducing the pressure around a fuel droplet helps the droplet to
break apart more, like just below a venturi.
   **Keeping** the fuel suspended is the tricky part, and has
everything to do with manifold design.
   The downside of port injection is that the mixture can end up being
very uneven in density. GM's work on the new LS1 engine's injectors
and injection angles reflects this.

Dave Haggard