Lean Cruise

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Jan 14 16:54:35 GMT 2001

Modern Musclecar is now part of Ramchargers and very much alive.  Guess it
is point of view thou, they are still operating under MM as of a week or so
ago.  Least I hope so LOL (waiting on a backordered part)...
Will be reopening under the new banner real soon.   Seems like the
transistion is awkward from what I've seen at the moment.  Mr Bailey is
still very much doing chips for MM, and Bailey Eng., is the designer
manufacturer of the Translator and Translator Plus, MAF converters.

I've gotten 25+ just using the 14.7 AFR in my GN.  That also, included some
spirited driving.  Just to hard to give into temptation. <g>.....

Hmm, makes the 46 alot more beliveable.
Like I've think I've said before really hard for any car to be fully
optimized without a certain amount of tinkering.
My goal is hitting 30s (MPG), and 12 sec ETs.
Bruce

> The El Nacional was in the Dec. 1994 issue of Car Craft. Jan. 1996 Car
Craft
> is the issue for the '95 RSE. Heath Elmer's '87 T Type got 46.17 mph  on
the
> fuel economy part of the test. We figured the guys from Car Craft got
> hoodooed by Heath, no offense to him but being from NASCAR country we are
> very familar with the idea that it's not illegal if you don't get caught.
> Later that year at Bowling Green, Ky. for the Gran Sport club national
meet,
> got to talk to Bob Bailey,
> the chip guru then associated with now defunct Modern Musclecar from the
> Detroit area about this particular gas milage event. Having seen stone
stock
> GN's knock down 25/27 mpg at 55-75 mph cruise speeds, 46 mpg is pretty far
> out of line. Tom Chou of Thrasher Performance stopped at our discussion
> group having overheard the subject matter and incredulous comments. He
said
> that he was responsible for the chip in Heath's car and it was for real.
He