LT1 plenum update

Scott & Jennifer Peitzsch jlg-sep at mediaone.net
Mon Jan 15 01:06:34 GMT 2001

For those interested, I tried a crude experiment tonight that seemed to work
fairly well.  I stuffed a medium duty trash bag into the TB opening of a spare
LT1 intake I have and began filling it in .5L increments.  I worked the bag
around inside the plenum to help it fill as much of the available space as
possible.  In the end, I was able to get just about 3L of water in there before
I was right at the top.  This number does NOT include the volume of the intake
runners, so it should be consistent with how other intake manufacturers specify
their plenum volumes.

Anyhow, thought someone out there might be interested in this......

-Scott