LT1 plenum update

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Mon Jan 15 21:06:15 GMT 2001

Scott & Bruce,
What are the issues that you will have with the Plenum
volume being too low?

Cylinder filling (@ WOT), and midrange response

   I am running a 6.8L LT1 (409) with a
slightly adjusted plenum (bigger throttle bore, and
ported runners, but overall probably about the 3L
mentioned).
One issue I have is that the idle is rather bad (according
to the computer) one sides BLM goes down, and the other
sides BLM goes up, and I can mostly stop this by adjusting
the TB blades closed so that the IAC runs higher, but then
of course the motor has issues staying running in gear or
with the AC on.  The problem also goes away at moderate throttle.  Would
this be the sort of issue that one would expect to see?

Not really,
sounds like the idle needs more work.
I like running as little IAC counts as possible, there are others thou that
like having it open.
I also, like to min the throttle follower.
Just a divibility thing as much as personal preference.
Bruce

And Scott how are you thinking about changing the TB?

Roger