Plenums

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 16 00:20:07 GMT 2001

I think that there is a point when the plenum can be too small for the air
that the motor wants to pull @ WO.  if i am not mistaken this is why
Lingenfelter made the box (super ram).  he was running a 383 in the silver
state classic & he somehow figured out that @ speed the motor was sucking
the plenum out of air & that by making a bigger box that it did not do that
any more.  i would expect that w/forced induction this would not happen but
in naturally aspirated it could.  comments?  is there something to this or
was i caught up in the bigger is better, sales propaganda?

Bob Wooten

--- Bob Wooten
--- r71chevy at earthlink.net
--- www.r71camaro.homestead.com