Reading into LTFC figures.

Ross Myers ponty at axis.jeack.com.au
Tue Jan 16 12:49:55 GMT 2001

Hi All,

Been doing some ECM logging lately (which is O.K as far as the greenies
go!!). Anyway, the LTFC values on my car tend towards the calibrations
possibly being too rich, with most of the LTFC numbers down around 117 or
so.
But I am wondering. This is a single O2 system on a V8, so the left bank is
really determining the overall mixture readings, correct?.
What if 1 cylinder is not firing nicely and is tending to drive the O2
readings rich.
How can I determine if it is a Calibration issue, a lazy O2 (although it
seems quite active on the data I'm getting) or a slight misfire?.
I'd like to somehow establish the motor and sensors are 100% mechanically
O.K before I go taking out fuel in the cals.

Thanks,
Ross Myers
Melbourne, Australia
E-mail : ponty at axis.jeack.com.au