Speed sensor for 1995 TBI

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Thu Jan 18 21:16:50 GMT 2001

In a message dated 01/18/2001 2:46:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Chipsbyal at aol.com writes:

<< Its a 4000 pulse. >>

Great, so the DRAC divides the high count pulse down to the standard 4000 AC
pulse that the late TPI s use? That solves one problem. Now I have to ask do
I need two sensors or just one and parallel the one sensor into the two speed
inputs on the ECM? This ECM has a trans output speed and a vehicle speed. I
imagine thats due to a transfer case with low range. As long as the transfer
case doesn't exist I would think tying one speed sensor into both inputs
would be ok.

Also, I notice that there are a lot of trans (4L60E) inputs to this ECM.
Since the trans I am using is a TH400 without lockup convertor, will the lack
of trans inputs affect fueling or spark or will the ECM ignore those inputs
like it does in my 7747.
Thanks, JW