Speed sensor for 1995 TBI

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Fri Jan 19 01:54:19 GMT 2001

In a message dated 01/18/2001 5:19:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Chipsbyal at aol.com writes:

<< The late(90 and up) TPI systems don't use a 4KPM(4000 pulse per mile)
signal
 for the VSS. The VSS signal goes directly to the ECM which then buffers the
 signal itself and then sends out the conditioned 4KPM to the cruise and
 cluster. These are the speed density systems. If you're using this setup,
get
 a converter from www.JTR.com to change from 4KPM to the ac output the ecm is
 looking for. They run about $45. >>

Ok, now I'm confused. Are you saying that the 95 TBI ECM uses the exact same
4KPM sensor as the speed density TPI or not. I understand the TPI uses a 4KPM
magnetic sensor which puts out an a/c signal. I've bought those from JTR
before.

Oh, and thanks for the help. One of my future plans is to tune VE and spark
tables with this ECM # and then transfer the VE and spark tables into a 7747
and have them work the same. I plan to build a conversion harness for this
purpose. JW