92 Camaro 730 w/healthy 350

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Fri Jan 19 04:36:39 GMT 2001

In a message dated 01/18/2001 10:39:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dzug at delanet.com writes:

<< The VE is more accurate if you get the injector const right and the AFR
desired is not set wierd to manually compensate ahed of time.  in other
words, you should not go straight to adjusting VE entries in a pig rich or
lean car cause you may end up with 40's at WOT before the thing runs well,
and you KNOW the engine is more efficient than that. make sure the engine
size and injector const is right first, tunetips recommends attacking idle,
then cruise first (BLM's), then WOT. If in the coarse of tuning cruise
ranges, you discover that you have to make massive changes in VE, you
probably will be changing the rest of the VE stuff radically as well...
depends on the combo. (and I *only* have actual experience with a 350NA,
350SC, and 350NOS using MAF, and part of a 350NA MAP (so grain-o-salt) >>

Dave,

I have a question that relates to all this. I read on Thrashers site that the
WOT fuel is affected by BLM cell 18 but only if fuel was added and not taken
out. Does the ECM "know" where 14.7 is from the adjustments to the VE tables
by the BLM when it calculates a lower AFR in PE mode, or is it based only on
the injector constant and engine volume without any corrections? You seem to
be saying that the AFR is only a calculated value with no basis on what the
engine has been telling the ECM it wants. JW