92 Camaro 730 w/healthy 350

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Fri Jan 19 08:11:24 GMT 2001

Now you are taxing my specific knowledge, which on this subject is nothing
more than recollection from reading online stuff (no experience here).

Its cell 15 I thought.

It knows that it is 14.7 *IF* all other settings have been applied
perfectly. closed loop is where I beleive it applies this, and in open loop
its a guess that is dialed in using the PE adder..ECM (730) locks the BLM at
128 during WOT. (you knew that),  If the ECM is trying for 14.7, and its
really 13.5, when it wants 12.0 then it will be just as far off, from what
I've seen. Trying to make it put out 14.7 when it thinks its putting out
14.7 is what we are after, therefore adjustments are real world and easier
to do and understand. VE is where this is tweaked, not changing desired AFR,
not with a false injector constant or a false engine size etc.

If the thrasher site says something, it is probably dead on, but I thought
it was cell 15. Is the thrasher sire talking about C3 Ecm's?