VE and BLM cell edges

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 19 05:35:58 GMT 2001

I don't want to sound like a moderator, but the first question that i had
was why would it lock in this block?  Could this be an OR situation?  what
is the purpose of locking it into a cell?  if this is some kind of safety
or Limp home mechanism then maybe there are multiple situations that this
could occur.  it appears that you both had different situations but the
same result.

why lock in a cell & why cell 4.  this the cell that is used the most
(common cruising/driving), or ?????

thoughts?
BW

My
>  1989 (maf) Iroc vss mated perfectly with my 1992 4000 PPM-vss-lookin-for
>  (MAP) ecm, with the flipping of ONE BIT. no third party vendor adapter
gizmo
>  required. >>
>
> I was only saying that I also have had my system stick in cell 4 but I've
had
> a working VSS on my TPI the whole time. I was just suggesting that the
lack
> of a VSS may not be the cause of the ECM staying in cell 4. But I could
be
> wrong since my VSS is aftermarket. JW

--- Bob Wooten
--- r71chevy at earthlink.net