Reading into LTFC figures.

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 19 06:43:34 GMT 2001

Is there a definition of an active O2 sensor?  my only baseline is the one
that is in my car.  how many cross counts am i supposed to have @ idle (800
rpm), over what period of time?  I think that cross counts, count up to 256
& then reset, so there is not, just a number to look @, right?  maybe, the
answer is go find more cars & look @ them.?.?

another question, when i am looking @ the O2 output when reviewing some
data (data master, diacom etc), how would one define "too rich, too lean"?
if the O2 sensor is crossing up & down & the data master is capturing it
"real time", there is no filtering or RC time constants to give a rich or
lean number.  is the magic here that you just look @ the BLM, allow the
firmware to do the filtering & use that as the guide to too rich or too
lean?

thanks again
BW

--- Bob Wooten