Reading into LTFC figures.

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Fri Jan 19 22:16:06 GMT 2001

O2 sensor activity is typically a window. X-cnts are used for aldl reporting
and resetting things like the proportional & integral timers.

The window will have a high and low value, say, 352mv & 734mv. As long
as the O2 sensor is exceeding the value(s) for a time period, say 10sec, the
ecm will then signal O2 ready for closed loop. Once in closed loop a different
window might be used.

It is not unusual to get a lot of x-cnts on a cold O2. This is caused by the
bias value from the ecm along with a little noise.

BobR.

Bob Wooten wrote:

> Is there a definition of an active O2 sensor?  my only baseline is the one
> that is in my car.  how many cross counts am i supposed to have @ idle (800
> rpm), over what period of time?  I think that cross counts, count up to 256
> & then reset, so there is not, just a number to look @, right?  maybe, the
> answer is go find more cars & look @ them.?.?
>
> another question, when i am looking @ the O2 output when reviewing some
> data (data master, diacom etc), how would one define "too rich, too lean"?
> if the O2 sensor is crossing up & down & the data master is capturing it
> "real time", there is no filtering or RC time constants to give a rich or
> lean number.  is the magic here that you just look @ the BLM, allow the
> firmware to do the filtering & use that as the guide to too rich or too
> lean?
>
> thanks again
> BW

<snip>