VE and BLM cell edges

Bob Valentine bob at tecmark.com
Fri Jan 19 08:14:07 GMT 2001

I'm not totally sure of the answer either, but the Snap-on manual from a
MT2500 scanner say something to the effect of "The BLM cell value indicates
that the ECM is functioning properly in closed loop, adjusting the fuel
mixture".    It also said something about it being a 16-value table, which
I think is in the archvies somewhere too.

I'd interpret this to be that if the value is moving, you're in closed loop
and the ecm is using the BLM's to adjust things.     If this happens
(locked at 4) with a stock (or as near as stock), then something's really
wierd.   I'd expect to see a value of 4 when the ECM is in PE, or other
"closed but open" loop situations.

Alternately, you've achieved the "perfect" tune, where both the BLM and INT
stay at 128, thus ECM needs not adjust anything....

I'd go check on mine, but 4" snow prevents that.

-> Bob Valentine
-> bob at tecmark.com