GM MAP Sensor 2 bar

Zak - Andrew Wakeling zakariski at optushome.com.au
Fri Jan 19 10:53:05 GMT 2001

Hey guys,

Dad and I went through the procedure of mapping out a 2-bar and a 3-bar
MAP sensor, and I too am puzzled why GM/Bosch/Delco/Delphi are keeping
such facts a secret, not to mention other sensors like wide-band o2s,
coolant temps, iac etc... I mean, its not like we're going to develop
Delco computers or anything! (and don't any of you get ideas... hehe)

Anyway, enough of my ranting... I'm not 100% of these figures, but we
did spend a considerable time boosting the sensors up with a compressor
etc, and using a digital gauge to measure PSI, so if they're not exactly
right, they're CLOSE.
Anyway, I've put the file in this url:
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~akwa622/gmecm/

Its a excel file, and its got dec/hex, volts, 1-bar, 2-bar, 3-bar.. so
its still good for a heap of things. I've even got the formula's in the
excel sheet (even though they're straight line), so you can go and check
them out.

Hope you had a good holiday!

Btw, not to be politic or anything, but I've just installed Netscape 6,
and its SLOW as buggery... so I suggest you stick with what you've got
unless you're rigged with good hardware.

Cheers,
Andrew Wakeling
zakariski at optushome.com.au