Crooked Dealer?

Jeremy Gonyou jgonyou at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 26 04:03:59 GMT 2001

Wow, thanks for all the responses!  That really gave me the vote of
confidence to believe that I'm not an idiot.

To clear things up, I couldn't do a whole lot of troubleshooting because the
car is stuck at the dealer's until the insurance adjuster shows up.  I did
manage to ground the A and B ALDL terminals, but the car wouldn't flash
codes *or* 12.  I listened for the fuel pump during "key on", but heard
nothing.
The dealer's argument is that fuel pump *has* to be pumping because there is
30 PSI in the lines - but 30 psi isn't enough to start it.  The fuel pump
created that pressure, because the pressure guage would have released all
residual pressure (which is like saying your tires go flat when you check
them)

Dealer also said that the car would not run on carb cleaner if it wasn't
getting fire, so the ecm must be working.  You all proved that false.

So I guess, I'll get my car back and call them all liars!

Jeremy
(feeling less stupid and more cheated)