VN V6 3 coil ignition

Peter Gargano peter at techedge.com.au
Fri Jan 26 11:01:21 GMT 2001

Ross Myers wrote:

> First suggestion from me, DO NOT use the VN DFI units, these are the ones
> that cannot have coils replaced individually. Use the later DIS from VR+,
> They are much more reliable.

Actually the later (series II?) VN and the VPs used the individual dual coils
on top of the DFI/DIS (call it what you will) instead of the 3 moulded together
packs that the original VN used.

I just replaced my early VN coil pack and DIS/DFI module with a later VN/VP one.
It's a 5 minute bolt in operation. This swap also fixed my problem with the
auto transmission (true!).

I can vouch for the fact that the early modules have a high failure rate.

Peter.