[ISTA] Datamaster 3.3.0 problems, Data Ok errors every 2 frames

BT btisdale at cybersol.com
Fri Jan 26 13:17:48 GMT 2001

Check the wiring for *good* cotinuity from the ALDL connector to the ECM &
ground - sometimes the ground is flakey.  If necessary, use shielded coax
from the ECM to the ALDL.  Check the power into the ECM for AC volts (or,
better, 'scope it) - should be near zero - MSD 6A will introduce noise into
the +12v line; try bypassing it.  MSD sells a *big* capacitor to reduce
this noise.  Run a separate ground from ECM to the laptop.  Is the laptop