Crooked Dealer?

Shannen Durphey Shannen at grolen.com
Fri Jan 26 23:54:33 GMT 2001

Ya know, this can be a touchy subject.  There's been many a fight on a
certain J body list because of this type of flame.  Lotsa stuff goes on in
a dealership, and 5 honest mechanics can get a bad rep. because of one
crook that hasn't been fired.  New guys can make mistakes, service
managers can get bad attitudes, and customers can piss everyone off.  If
the dealer's that bad, just take your car somewhere else.  If there are
decent guys working there, don't take $$ out of their pocket by trashing
reputation of the place they work for.  I've had my share of fights with
dealership management because they wouldn't do what's right, and not as a
customer either.  It's hard enough to make a buck in a field where 7 out
of 10 customers believe they'll probably get screwed.
Scream about the thieves all you want, just be sure you're not making it
tougher for the honest guys.
Shannen