VN V6 3 coil ignition

Wes Branchflower hemi_265 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 26 21:50:59 GMT 2001

Thanks for the info everyone.

>the buick V6 is a 90 degree V hence the 3X and 18X would in theroy be 90
>degree out of timming (any one got any more thoughts on this one)  but d

It shouldn't make a differance should it? Their are still 6 equally spaced
ignition event's divided over 720 deg, so a spark is sent every 120deg on
the V6, as well as on a S6. I'm just picturing the engine running a dizzy.
It just rotates.. -- or arn't the cylinders 'equally spaced' on the 3.8 V6?
The Harm bal is set so 0deg is TDC of cyl #1, it's not to do with if it's a
V or not. (i dont think)

arhh!! decisions.. DIS or dizzy!! I like the look of no dizzy, but i don't
want to bite off more than i can chew with this project.

Does the VN/VP 808 will work with the camira dizzy ignt module?
If it does, i might just use that to begin with.

>From: "Justin Albury" <justin at jacomms.net.au>
>To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
>Subject: Re: VN V6 3 coil ignition
>Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 09:30:56 +1100 (EST)
>
>Nice Idea......but its a little more involved than that the v6 hall pickup
>is at the front of the engine and is part of the harmonic balancer (well
>when I say part of ....well with care you could get the interupt ring off)
>the sensor is simple .....its just a dual hall pickup. the problem is that
>the windows are configered for V config not an inline and keep in mind that
>the buick V6 is a 90 degree V hence the 3X and 18X would in theroy be 90
>degree out of timming (any one got any more thoughts on this one)  but dont
>rule out the use of the DFI coil pack ....have a look the files area Im
>sure
>I uploaded details on this about 18 months ago......if not let me know And
>will scan all that i have.....
thanks, I'll have a look