VN V6 3 coil ignition

Zak - Andrew Wakeling zakariski at optushome.com.au
Fri Jan 26 23:32:29 GMT 2001

Hey all,

Dad and I have been discussing this... I think he'll have a spill about
this in a sec... BUT...
Isn't a straight 6 the same as a V6? Both engines fire the same amount
cylinders in 2 cycles... THUS, the degrees seperating each cylinder
should be the same. The crankshaft hall sensor doesn't know whether the
cylinders are in a V6 config, or a straight config? Correct me if I'm
wrong here... I can't see the difference.

Andrew