Crooked Dealer?

Jeremy Gonyou jgonyou at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 27 03:02:27 GMT 2001

Shannen has a good point and I should make something clear.  Today I went
back to the dealer.  Since I was there last, the service manager had pulled
off the original tech, put an expert on the car and troubleshooted the car
himself.

Turns out the diagnosis was wrong.  I (and all my friends on this list) were
right in assuming that the ecm was not getting power.
The service manager gave me his sincere apology and accepted all blame (even
though it was the tech that made the gross misdiagnosis).  So, no one tried
to screw me (intentially).

It would be wrong of me to say that Dreisbach, as a whole, is a "crooked"
dealership and I'll have to humblely retract any insuation I made to that
effect.

However they do have atleast one bad tech - who I wouldn't mind hanging by
his gonads.  And because of this, I settled my bill, will fix the car myself
and not consider them for service in the future.

Moral:
Not everybody that works at a dealership is crooked, but some are
incompetent...and DIS modules can fire independantly of the ECM.

Jeremy