VSS operation

washburn lpwcruzr at sysmatrix.net
Sat Jan 27 03:28:48 GMT 2001

Thanks AL. That helps a lot. I had read somewhere that the VSS did effect these things I wanted to verify that it did in a TBI setup since I couldn't find any mention of it in my manual. I am actually asking for someone who questioned me about it. I have a 1986 Toyota Land Cruiser with a 94 TBI350 & 4L60E. I did install the VSS in mine. Someone bought a truck similar to mine but without the 4L60E. He is using a manual tranny. It may be the Cruiser tranny I'm not sure I'd have to check. He contacted me after seeing my truck with a similar setup. I mentioned that he needed a VSS in passing and he said that the person who did his conversion did not install one. I'll insert some of the problems he is having below. This info will help me as well since I am considering doing another conversion with either a TPI or TBI engine and possibly a GM manual tranny this time. Keep in mind when he mentions the mileage we are talking about a heavy, 4x4 with the aerodynamics of a brick. Here is what he sent me after I told him what I thought. Thanks again.
Paul