Donor found!

Bill Shaw bshaw at connix.com
Sat Jan 27 14:02:08 GMT 2001

I found a transplant donor for my Caprice wagon!  On the way to Mt. Snow last Thursday I spotted a Trans Am in a garage with both front fenders smashed in,   looks like 2 separate side impacts with  no direct frontal damage.  It's an '87 305 TPI A4 with a
'165 ECU.  It's a little older than I had hoped for,  but looks like it should work just fine.

My main concern is CT Emissions might frown on an older motor transplanted into a 'newer' vehicle,  even though the emissions should be significantly better than the q-jet that's on the wagon now.  Were there any significant differences from '87 to '88,
or is it basically the same drive train?

Thanks,

Bill