Donor found!

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Jan 27 15:13:53 GMT 2001

> My main concern is CT Emissions might frown on an older motor transplanted
into a 'newer' vehicle,  even though the emissions should be significantly
better than the q-jet that's on the wagon now.  Were there any significant
differences from '87 to '88,
> or is it basically the same drive train?

86-89 is really close to all being the same.
Yes there is the 9th injector delete in 89, but at a glance not many folks
would notice.
Generally they smog guys, are looking to improve the air quality, and will
work with you on something like changing a carb to EFI.  Thou, I would check
with a local inspector, to see if they will work with you, or not.  Some are
just flat lined for brain activity.
Bruce