GM Fuel Pump control scheme

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Sun Jan 28 18:33:08 GMT 2001

Ever let the oil run a bit low and round a hard, long corner and have the
oil pressure drop? fresh oil is still on the surfaces and protecting them
somewhat, and when you come out of the corner things resume pressure-wise,
and you never knew unless you look at the oil guage every 30 seconds, like
me.

Now imagine you round that corner just as hard, oil pressure drops, engine
quits.. inertia shifts, loss of control is possible, power steering is
comprimized. in a manual trans and if the rpm's are up, an auto trans, the
car will re-start if the oil pressure returns.

Ralph nadar may have a field day, and the automotive world then will change
over to electric, aliens will take that as a cue that we are ready for first
contact, we will shoot at them, and they will eat all our brains.

(that sorta ran away on me) , I guess my point was, there are other things
to consider when altering a factory setup.. If the insurance company
investigates very far, a claim could be denied and others involved in an
incident may take your house away.

geeze am I paranoid or what? ;-)