T56 Questions... was : Re: Document re-uploaded

OneSS2NV at aol.com OneSS2NV at aol.com
Mon Jan 29 02:38:08 GMT 2001

In a message to the List, Dave Zug writes:

<< Help me with my T-56 mating problems now -
 taps in the block for clutch??
 153 tooth flywheel won't accomodate an 11 inch clutch?
 will 168 fit in T-56 housing?
 Drill block for alternate starter?
 (while we're off topic he hee)

Hey Dave,
   I'm not too familiar with shift-em-yourself trannies, but this page should
help you out a bit.

http://www.skulte.com/T56.html

   It describes Andris's T56 swap into his '89 IROC.  I've been in this
car...it works very well. :)  He also makes a X-member specifically for the
swap if you don't feel like fabbing one up yourself.  Hmmm...makes me wanna
go do a stick conversion for my Monte SS and learn how to drive with a clutch.

     HTH,
       Steve Ragusa
        North Jersey
     '85 TPI Monte SS