Odd fire Buick/Jeep V6 question

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Mon Jan 29 19:21:45 GMT 2001

Mike Dillon wrote:

>     Thats what I pretty much thought, this was a question posted to one
> of the jeep list I am on. It might not be to bad to build a black box between
> the Distrubutor and the ECU to condition the pulses between the two but
> it would likely be more trouble than it is worth.

Some ECM logic would need the original odd-fire signal.  Other parts
would like a modified signal.

I think at minimum, you'd need two odd-fire signals, skewed by probably
90 degrees - and software changes in the ECM to do RPM calculations properly.

Considering that even fire 3.8 long blocks are easy to get, I see no
reason to hack an ECM to operate an odd-fire 3.8