CSH, HQ on the Road?

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Mon Jan 29 21:33:10 GMT 2001

Jus might do a lil more research.
If your going to run any really serious amount of Torque at less then around
3,000 RPM, you need to be really well dialed in on things being just so.
While lots of folks get outta shape about detonation at WOT and high RPM,
the long term street killer is low speed tip in stuff.  Trace detonation is
a cruel cruel animal.
I preach about it, harp on it, and the dang stuff even caught me.   Not that
I'm perfect, but I know about it what to look for, and it still got past me.
  Also, drive train is an issue.   there is a vast difference in engine load
using a high geared tall tired design then low geared short tire setup.  In
the first you just working agains the inertia of the tire mass, which is
much different then not having the leverage to work against the vehicles
total inerita.  The difference can be very subtle, and very engine specific.
  Not preaching just BTDT
Bruce