165 MAF computer

Hector hecyeah at prodigy.net
Sun Jul 1 01:33:25 GMT 2001

> The additional difference there is the MAP sensor in addition to the
> MAF sensor.
>
> Lyndon.

 Having worked on cars for a while and having done a few conversions, didn't
GM have an ECM in the eighties that used MAF and MAP? I remember it being on
Berettas, Celebrities and such. The updated prom eliminated the MAF and
turned it into SD. They even gave you a little "update" sticker so you can
alarm the next guy of the changes. What ECM and mask was this and can this
be used as a next best thing to the PCM that has both MAF and MAP? Sorry if
this has been covered before as I'm kind of new to the list.

Hector
http://soflaspeed.freeservers.com